What the Middle East conflict has taught me about God . . .
Andrew White, the dedicated "Vicar of Baghdad", encounters daily tragedy.
* What happened to his faith when a young girl in his congregation died, after much hope and prayer?
* Every time he returns to Iraq he may be saying goodbye to his family for the last time. What do they think?
* He suffers from MS. How does he remain cheerful despite his physical weakness, and its progression?
* He meets regularly with men who wish to use him. What has kept him free from cynicism?
* What does he say to God, alone in his study, late at night? Can he see the hand of God? Looking ahead, can he be optimistic about the future? Where are his sources of spiritual energy?